Retailer Offers Deep Price Reductions Starting This Weekend on Select Toys, Vizio HDTV and a $40 Gift Card with Select “Hero” Gaming Packages
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (Nov. 17, 2009) – Focused on bringing families tremendous savings this holiday season on entertainment for all ages, Walmart (NYSE: WMT) today announced that starting Saturday, Nov. 21, Walmart stores will introduce savings resembling the day-after-Thanksgiving prices on select toys and entertainment, one week early.* Special items include popular dolls and activity toys, a 26-inch Vizio HDTV, and gaming packages from Guitar Hero, Band Hero and DJ Hero with a $40 Walmart Gift Card.
“We promised amazing savings each week in November and December and will deliver on that promise for our customers,” said Gary Severson, senior vice president of Entertainment, Walmart U.S. “Shoppers who want to get a jump start this weekend can find values in Entertainment they would expect to see after Thanksgiving Day. We will continue to deliver amazing savings on popular items, and to do so often.”
Even though half of Walmart moms intend to shop on Thanksgiving weekend, more than half say they aspire to complete all their holiday shopping by the end of next week.** Anticipating customer needs this year, Walmart has announced savings each week providing families early assistance on great gifts. This weekend customers will see savings on select items up to 50 percent – in advance of Thanksgiving weekend.
Below are a few examples of these early savings, starting Saturday, Nov. 21, through Nov. 27:
- Li’l Luvables Studio – was $20, now $8 (60% savings)
- EZ Bake Oven – was $28, now $16 (40% savings)
- Little Dreams 22” Doll – was $15, now $8 (47% savings)
- Baby Alive Newborn Doll – was $15, now $8 (47% savings)
- Nerf Capture the Flag – was $39, now $19 (51% savings)
- Air Hogs Laser Zero Gravity Remote-controlled Vehicle – was $34, now $19 (44% savings)
- Barbie Generation of Dreams Collectors Doll – was $49, now $25 (49% savings)
- Disney Princess Scooter – was $129, now $99 (23% savings)
- Nerf N-Strike Vulcan – was $42.97, now $25 (42% savings)
- HDTV Savings
- 26" Vizio LCD HDTV (720p model,) -- was $347, now $248, (28% savings, limit two per person)
$40 Gift Card with “Hero” Game Packages
Walmart customers who purchase these gaming packages will receive a $40 Walmart Gift Card while supplies last***:
- Band Hero - Includes drum and guitar controllers, microphone and game (ESRB: E10+)
- PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii - $199.00 plus $40 Walmart Gift Card
- PS2 - $179.00 plus $40 Walmart Gift Card
- DJ Hero - Includes turntable controller and game (ESRB: T)
- PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii - $119.00 plus $40 Walmart Gift Card
- PS2 - $99.00 plus $40 Walmart Gift Card
- Guitar Hero 5 - Includes guitar controller and game (ESRB: T)
- PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii - $99.00 plus $40 Walmart Gift Card
- PS2 - $89.00 plus $40 Walmart Gift Card
Shoppers can find more information about Walmart's weekly holiday price events and savings this season by going to www.walmart.com/holidaysavings.
* Prices good from Nov. 21 to Nov. 27. Quantities of all items are limited. No rainchecks. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico or on Walmart.com. Prices and availability may vary in Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
** Walmart Customer Insights, October 2009
*** Gift Card offering not available in Hawaii, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin due to state restrictions. We may limit the number of items purchased per customer. Void where prohibited.
Every week, millions of customers visit Walmart stores, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam’s Club locations across America or log on to its online store at www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Walmart is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $378 million to local communities in the United States. More information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com.
# # #