Walmart’s $9 Offerings and Every Day Low Prices Add Up to A+ Savings For Back to School
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (July 21, 2009) – Showcasing its ongoing commitment to unbeatable prices*, Walmart today announced $9 product offerings that make it easy to do the math when it comes to adding up savings on back-to-school shopping. The $9 offers include a diverse collection of back-to-school necessities ranging from backpacks to socks and eyeglass frames to folders.
“In light of the current economy and challenging job market, we know that parents and teachers are going to be looking for a little extra financial help this year,” said Andy Barron, senior vice president of merchandising. “Walmart can make a big difference for shoppers who take advantage of our unbeatable prices, including our $9 offerings, to meet all their school supply needs.”
In addition to every day low prices on all back-to-school necessities, the $9 collection includes:
- Elementary school supply basics bundle, all items purchased separately: 24ct Crayola Crayons, Elmer’s 2pk Glue Sticks, Crayola 10ct Markers, Crayola 12ct Colored Pencils, a pair of 5” scissors, Sterlite School Box, Dixon 24ct Pencils, 2pk Pink Erasers, one two-pocket folder, one wooden ruler, one 70ct notebook, Expo 2pk Dry Erase Markers
- Six Mead Five Star 1-Subject Notebooks
- Starter and BYO Lunch Kits
- San Disk 2G Flash Drive
- **Select youth eyeglass frames
- Texas Instruments TI 30Xa Scientific Calculator
- A selected variety of boys and girls basics, like socks and underwear (two multi-packs for $9)
- Select boys and girls backpacks
- Boys and girls Starter and Danskin Now brand retro sneakers
- OP juniors tops and young men’s tees, $9 or less
For more information on Walmart’s back-to-school offerings, visit www.walmart.com/backtoschool.
Prices and availability may vary in AL, HI, OK, WI and at Walmart.com.
* Our stores will match the price of any local competitor's printed ad for an identical product. Not applicable to Walmart.com. Restrictions apply. See store for details.
** Professional eye exam and lenses not included. Valid eye doctor prescription required. Eye exam by independent state licensed doctors of optometry. Good through October 5, 2009 on selected youth frames.
Every week, millions of customers visit Walmart stores, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam’s Club locations across America or log on to its online store at www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $378 million to local communities in the United States. More information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com.
# # #