“Hard to find” Nintendo Wii consoles start at $249.24, and Wii video games also available 2 for $30, while supplies last at www.walmart.com
BRISBANE, Calif. (Dec. 8, 2008) – Walmart.com is helping moms everywhere be the hero this Christmas by making tens of thousands of Nintendo Wii consoles, one of the hottest selling gifts this season, available for purchase today online at www.walmart.com. Starting today while supplies last, Walmart.com will offer Nintendo Wii consoles for $249.24, two Wii games for $30 and accessories starting under $10. Customers who have been looking for the hard-to-find Nintendo Wii now have an opportunity to purchase the top-selling video game console at a great value.
“We’re thrilled to be able to provide more customers the opportunity to experience and enjoy the Nintendo Wii this Christmas,” said Kelly Thompson, Walmart.com chief merchant. “Based on the success we’ve seen with Wii Fit and Nintendo Wii, customers recognize that Walmart.com is the online destination for the strongest values and best selection in video games this season.”
In addition to Nintendo Wii consoles and accessories, Walmart.com is also offering special values on the popular handheld Nintendo DS Lite and games. The following items are available online starting today, while supplies last:
- Wii video game console – $249.24
- Wii video games – 2 for $30 on select titles
- Accessories, such as the Nintendo Wii Racing Wheel – starting under $10
- Nintendo Wii Value Bundle includes console, game, accessory pack and extra set of controllers – $329 ($20 savings)
Nintendo DS Lite
- DS Lite, choice of 6 colors – $129
- DS Lite video games – 2 for $20 on select titles
- Nintendo DS Lite Value Bundle includes handheld unit in customer’s choice of colors, two games and accessory kit – $159 ($20 savings)
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
Walmart operates Walmart discount stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and Sam’s Club locations in the United States. The Company operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. The Company’s securities are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol WMT.