Online specials feature savings of up to 30 percent, with many items available for free shipping with Site to Store and 97-cent shipping to home
BRISBANE, Calif. (Dec. 1, 2008) – For the third consecutive year, Walmart.com is kicking off Cyber Monday in a big way with more than 150 online specials on the season’s top gifts, and is extending the savings throughout the entire week. Beginning today and continuing through Friday, Dec. 5, Walmart.com is offering up to 30 percent savings on top brands like Samsung, Garmin, Nintendo Wii and Fisher-Price.
These five days of savings include “Cyber Week” specials in electronics, toys, video games and more, while supplies last. Prices start at under $10, and many items include free shipping through Walmart’s Site to Store service. In addition, all specials are among the top-rated online items with 4- to 5-star ratings by customers. The online savings, combined with strong customer ratings, make it even easier for customers to save on the best online gifts this season.
“It’s important to help our customers get the most out of their Christmas budgets this year, and we’re doing just that with up to 30 percent savings on more than 150 Cyber Week online specials,” said Raul Vazquez, Walmart.com CEO. “Once again, we’re helping customers save even more by extending these online specials all week long and making many available for free shipping with Site to Store and 97-cent shipping to home.”
Walmart.com’s Cyber Week specials include:
- Samsung 10MP Digital Camera with Bonus Memory Card and Case – $79 (free shipping with Site to Store)
- Garmin Nuvi 760 – $246 (free shipping with Site to Store)
- Compaq Laptop and Printer Bundle – $498 (free shipping with Site to Store)
- Fisher-Price Newborn Doll Bassinet – $15
- Baby Alive Wets & Wiggles Doll with 12 Bonus Diapers – $24 (free shipping with Site to Store)
- Inflatable Castle Bounce Room – $39 (free shipping with Site to Store)
- Video Games for Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and Nintendo DS Lite – 2 for $30 on select titles
- LeapFrog Leapster 2 with 2 bonus games – $69 (free shipping with Site to Store)
- Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Bundle with console, 4 games including Guitar Hero World Tour and Guitar Hero 3, and bonus wireless guitar controller – $269 (free shipping with Site to Store)
Walmart’s popular Site to Store service, which allows customers to order products online at Walmart.com and have them shipped for free to a local Walmart store, has saved customers more than $110 million in shipping fees since the program was launched last year. Walmart.com recently added an expedited shipping option, Site to Store Express, which launched last month and ships orders to local Walmart stores in just 3 to 5 business days—twice as fast as free shipping with Site to Store—for only $29 a year.
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
Walmart operates Walmart discount stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and Sam’s Club locations in the United States. The Company operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. The Company’s securities are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol WMT. More information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com.