Bentonville, Ark., Feb. 4, 2008 – For the 54 percent of women and 71 percent of men who say finding the appropriate gift and matching gifts to their sweetheart’s personality are the most stressful parts of Valentine’s shopping 1, Wal-Mart comes to the rescue with the introduction of helpachickpick.com and the return of helpaguybuy.com. Debuting on February 4, these online shopping tools will help customers not only identify the gift profile of their significant other, but the perfect gift, at the perfect price, to complement it.
“Valentine’s Day should be sweet, not stressful, but for many people frustration over finding that just-right present diminishes the romance of the day,” said Nick Agarwal, Wal-Mart’s vice president in corporate communications. “With helpachickpick.com and helpaguybuy.com we take the guesswork out of gift-giving. This online tool helps our customers find gifts their significant others will cherish and save money while they treat their Valentine to something special.”
Customers simply answer short questions about the recipient’s personality and the sites will identify a corresponding category, such as fashionista or sports fanatic, and offer the ideal gift suggestions chosen just for them. Customers can browse suggested items, create a list and head to their local Wal-Mart or shop online at Walmart.com to find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift at a great value.
Recent trends show more women think not only of their beau on Valentine’s Day, but also friends, family members – even their pampered pooch. Helpaguybuy.com and helpachickpick.com let customers make Wal-Mart their one-stop shop for every Valentine’s Day need, offering not only the traditional flowers and candy, but gifts that say “I Love You” in a variety of ways.
FOR THE GUYS:
• If she is a Pampered Princess, she’ll be dazzled by the one-fifth-carat diamond heart and butterfly pendant in sterling silver ($25).*
• If she is a Sporty Chick, she’ll love the Polar F6 pink coral heart rate monitor watch ($98.87).*
• If she is a Busy Bee, she’ll adore the personalized heart-shaped keepsake paperweight ($16.92).*
FOR THE CHICKS:
• If he is an Outdoorsman, he’ll flip for the Coleman 2-person boat ($29.98).*
• If he is a Family Man, he’ll be proud to own the Vupoint 5-megapixel digital video camcorder ($79.94).*
• If he is a Sports Fanatic, he’ll love to show off the Dave Winfield hand-signed baseball ($98.88).*
* Prices may vary by state and are available while supplies last
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
Every week, millions of customers visit Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam’s Club locations across America or log on to its online store at www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $270 million to local communities in the United States. To learn more, visit www.walmartfacts.com, www.walmartstores.com, or www.walmartfoundation.org.
1Survey results from a Nationwide survey of 1,000 adults, including 484 men and 516 women, fielding from January 18th through January 20th, 2008.