“This poll is the latest proof that politicians will turn off most voters by attacking Wal-Mart and that the attacks themselves are not working. America’s working families want to decide for themselves where to work and where to shop.
“The numbers make it clear that America’s working families value Wal-Mart’s job opportunities, savings, and the benefits we provide the communities we serve. By attacking Wal-Mart, politicians show they are out of touch with working families.
“Working families support Wal-Mart because the company creates tens of thousands of jobs each year, provides health care for as little as $11 per month, and because economic studies verify that Wal-Mart saves American families $2,300 a year.”
* 81 percent of those polled believe Wal-Mart is a good place to shop
* 70 percent of conservative/moderate Democrats have a favorable opinion of Wal-Mart overall
* 87 percent of conservative/moderate Democrats believe Wal-Mart is a good place to shop, the highest percentage of all groups surveyed.
* 72 percent of conservative/moderate Democrats believe Wal-Mart has a "good effect on communities."
The Pew Poll findings reflect similar results of a recent poll conducted by RT Strategies for Working Families for Wal-Mart, which found:
* 62 percent of those surveyed “disapprove of Democratic candidates making Wal-Mart an issue in November’s elections.” (Including 53 percent of union households).