SELECT edition® series of GE small appliances brings style to the countertop
Bentonville, Ark., May 31, 2006 – Each spring, thousands of DIYers pour energy, time and money into home improvements, with kitchens often at the top of the wish list. Wal-Mart has a better solution. With its sleek new line of exclusive SELECT edition® series of GE small appliances, Wal-Mart saves customers the mess with a simple solution that updates their kitchens at significant savings. The SELECT edition series of GE small appliances is coming to Wal-Mart shelves in June 2006.
For many customers today, the appearance of kitchen appliances has become as important as performance. Shoppers are increasingly seeking appliances reflecting their style to display on countertops as part of kitchen décor. Wal-Mart has answered this demand with its introduction of the SELECT edition series of GE small appliances, which brings a modern classic accent to any décor while meeting the highest quality standard.
Designed to add style to the kitchen countertop, the appliances feature brushed nickel with champagne-colored accents and blue LED lights, providing the customer with a combination of retro style and advanced features.
The exclusive Wal-Mart SELECT edition series of GE small appliances includes:
* A blender featuring a two-toggle switch and stainless-steel blade to ensure smooth spinning and top efficiency. Retail $39.
* An extra-wide two-slice toaster that can accommodate a variety of breads and bagels. Features include cord storage and removable crumb tray. Retail $27.
* A convection toaster oven ideal for warming and toasting, and sizeable enough to handle a 12-inch pizza. Retail $59.
* A waffle maker that is compact for countertop display and storage while allowing the user to create thick waffles that hold delicious toppings. Features include an adjustable temperature dial. Retail $18.
* A coffee maker with a 12-cup capacity and auto shut off to perk up any morning. Retail $34.
* A microwave designed to match and complement the SELECT edition series of GE small appliances. Retail $99.
According to Paul Beahm, Wal-Mart senior vice president and general merchandising manager of the Home division, “The new appliances provide solutions for basic needs in every kitchen, while helping our customers rejuvenate the function and style of their kitchens without spending the summer tearing down walls, and at a great value.”
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and SAM’S CLUB locations in the United States. The company also operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. The company’s securities are listed on the New York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about Wal-Mart can be found by visiting www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
About the GE Trademark License to Wal-Mart
In 1999, GE Trademark Licensing entered into a license agreement with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. for the manufacture and sales of GE small kitchen appliances. Since the inception of the license, GE and Wal-Mart have introduced nearly 200 new items exclusively for sale at Wal-Mart Stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. More information about all the GE small appliances offered in this program can be found at www.gehousewares.com.
- # # # -