BENTONVILLE, Ark., Dec. 22, 2005 – With only 3 days of holiday shopping left, Wal-Mart offers insights and solutions to last minute shoppers based on a recent survey*.
Last Person on Your List:
- More than one-third of those surveyed said their spouse is the last person they need to purchase a gift for.
Last minute ideas for your spouse:
- Walmart.com online gift card: The Walmart.com Online Gift Card can be used to purchase any merchandise at www.walmart.com as well as Wal-Mart Music Downloads.
- Pajamas, robes and slippers: Give the gift of comfort and luxury – from fleece to silk, Wal-Mart has dozens of cozy options for everyone on your list.
- Garmin StreetPilot: This automotive GPS system comes preloaded with detailed maps for the entire United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Portable DVD players: Enjoy your favorite movies and music on a portable DVD player. Wal-Mart has a wide selection available both online and in-store.
- Jewelry: ‘Tis the season to sparkle! From fashion to luxury, diamonds to gold, Wal-Mart has a full selection of fine jewelry at unbelievable prices.
Budget or bust?
- More than 50% of shopping procrastinators said they tend to spend the same or more than they originally budgeted on holiday gifts.
Just because you procrastinate doesn’t mean your wallet has to suffer. Wal-Mart aims to have prices and values so competitive during the holidays that they don’t have to hold special sales to give customers what they want – saving you both time and money. Suggested solutions that won’t break the bank include:
- DVDs ($20 and under): Entertain this holiday season with must-have DVDs including: Fantastic Four (12/6), Cinderella Man (12/6), 40-Year-Old Virgin (12/13) and Must Love Dogs (12/20).
- Hamilton Beach Brew Station ($35): Instead of brewing coffee into a traditional carafe, the Hamilton Beach Brew Station coffee maker brews directly into a thermal-insulated tank equipped with a gentle warming heater.
- Fragrances ($40 and under): From Beyonce to Ralph Lauren, fragrances make the perfect gift for men and women – and this year, Wal-Mart offers more options than ever.
Getting it Done
- While only 5% of holiday procrastinators shop at boutique stores -- nearly one-third of them end up finishing their shopping at a discount retailer.
Wal-Mart is the season’s “one-stop-shop” – both in stores and online - for gifts you can count on to be in stock today in every category – personalized gifts, electronics, toys and more.
Wal-Mart Holiday Store Hours
- All stores will be open until 6:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- 24-hour stores will reopen at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, December 26.
- Non 24-hour stores will open at their normal opening time on Monday, December 26.
*Wal-Mart study, conducted by StrategyOne on December 15 through December 21, 2005. The online survey was completed nationwide among 1000 men and women. Margin of error is plus or minus 3.1 percentage points at the 95% level of confidence.
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and SAMS CLUB locations in the United States. The company also operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, South Korea and the United Kingdom. The companys securities are listed on the New York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about Wal-Mart can be found by visiting www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com.
# # #