Wal-Mart released the following statement on a new poll conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press showing an overwhelming majority of Americans have shopped with Wal-Mart this year and have a favorable opinion of the retailer:
“This poll proves that working families believe Wal-Mart is a good place to shop and a valued member of the communities we serve,” said Sarah Clark, Wal-Mart spokesperson. “Taken just last week, it also shows that the union leadership’s multi-million dollar negative attack campaign is having no impact on our business or our customers.”
Highlights of the poll:
- 84% of Americans have shopped at a Wal-Mart in the past year.
- People living in households with incomes of less than $30,000 a year give us our highest marks—proving that those who value Wal-Mart most need Wal-Mart’s low prices the most.
- 69% of those familiar with Wal-Mart have a favorable opinion of Wal-Mart.
The poll mirrors Wal-Mart’s business data:
- Wal-Mart’s sales were up 4.3% in November.
- 10 million people shopped at Wal-Mart in the first 6 hours of Black Friday alone.
- Over 138 million people visit Wal-Mart every week.
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and SAMS CLUB locations in the United States. The company also operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, South Korea and the United Kingdom. The companys securities are listed on the New York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about Wal-Mart can be found by visiting www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com.