Wal-Mart Commits to Delivering the Unbeatable Value Customers Expect on Black Friday
Retailer will match pricing in any local competitor’s print ad
No rebates, no hassles, just low prices for customers
Special items available at 5 a.m. on Black Friday
Five days of special savings online at Walmart.com
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 21, 2005 – Wal-Mart Stores Inc. confirmed today its commitment to offering its customers the lowest prices and the best values in-store on Black Friday (November 25) and online throughout Thanksgiving week, one of the busiest weeks of the year for retail.
“During this crucial period, our customers expect Wal-Mart to offer them the best value in the marketplace,” said John Fleming, Wal-Mart’s chief marketing officer. “This means that they trust us to have not only the lowest prices, but also the best selection of quality items that are relevant to their needs and the easiest, most convenient shopping experience. With the unbeatable prices and exciting surprises we’re offering customers this week, we know that they won’t be disappointed by the value they can find at Wal-Mart.”
Wal-Mart is making the following commitments to its customers on Black Friday:
• Customers will find the lowest prices on items in all the hottest gift categories – toys, electronics, apparel, and home.
• Any Wal-Mart store will match any price featured on an identical product in a local competitor’s print advertisement.
• As always, no Wal-Mart prices are based on rebates.
• Special values will be available in all Wal-Mart stores from 5 a.m. until 11 a.m.
• All week, starting today, customers can go to Walmart.com (www.walmart.com) to preview Black Friday specials available at Wal-Mart stores.
In addition, starting today, Walmart.com is offering a unique array of online specials that represent the season’s hottest trends at amazing values. The online specials will be available for shopping and purchasing online through Friday, Nov. 25.
Black Friday at Wal-Mart stores: special prices on the season’s hottest gifts
The complete list of Black Friday specials at Wal-Mart stores is available for preview at Walmart.com. Highlights include:
• 15" LCD TV (under $200)
• Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (under $50)
• HP PhotoSmart digital camera (under $100)
• Bundles of toys under $10, including Star Wars light sabers, Cabbage Patch Kids Newborn Doll, Care Bears with DVD
• DVDs: 40+ titles (under $3.50)
Online Specials at Walmart.com: beginning today and throughout Thanksgiving week
Special values available this week at Walmart.com through November 25 include:
• 32" LCD TV (under $950)
• 15" laptop with wireless networking (under $450)
• 100% cashmere throws (under $60)
• Womens silk pajamas (under $30)
• Dora Talking House Ultimate Bundle w/house (under$80)
• Creative 6 GB MP3 player (under $170)
“Our goal at Wal-Mart is to give our customers the best value they can find anywhere,” said Fleming. “We’re keeping that promise this week, and throughout this holiday season.”
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and SAM’S CLUB locations in the United States. Internationally, the company operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Korea and the United Kingdom. The company’s securities are listed on the New York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about Wal-Mart can be found by visiting www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com.