A Connected Campus for an Exciting Associate Experience
Encourages a community that brings associates together in a state-of-the-art campus, weaving in the natural health and beauty of the area; a community that will accelerate Walmart’s digital transformation and attract the next generation of talent.
The high-efficiency campus will create a winning work environment that drives efficiency and productivity through connected buildings and teams and fosters creativity, speed and transparency.
The campus will be bordered by Central Avenue on the north, 14th Street (Highway 102) on the south, J Street on the west and Martin Luther King, Jr., Parkway on the east, with 8th Street running through the middle. The new campus will be divided into four quadrants, or “neighborhoods,” that will be interconnected through the Razorback Greenway bike trails, shaded walking paths, sidewalks and pedestrian crossings for the safety and accessibility of our associates and visitors.
The design embraces the natural beauty of the region and promotes a healthy mind and body with use of green spaces, courtyards, trails, lakes and regionally-sourced trees and plants. Most importantly, the plan highlights what associates care about: a creative work environment with abundant natural light, cafes and dining areas with expanded food offerings, convenient parking, fitness options and a childcare facility. Walmart is actively listening to associate feedback through test-and-learn spaces on its existing campus, which will continue to help us refine the experience for our associates.
Other specifics include:
- Indoor and outdoor flexible workspaces and social hubs that promote agility and drive productivity
- A centrally located food hall that promotes healthy, fresh and creative dining options with comfort foods and regional culinary fare from across the globe, as well as food trucks around campus
- Conveniently located coffee bars, grab-and-go stations and other amenities
- Deck and surface parking co-located near each of the office and amenity buildings
- Encouraging associates to enjoy and connect with nature – both indoors and outdoors – through natural lighting, warm interior finishes and views to trees, courtyards, landscapes and lakes
- An active street front retail environment with amenities that expand and extend the campus experience for associates, visitors and the community.