Smart and Sustainable
Reflects Walmart’s leadership in environmental sustainability through a high-efficiency design within the native geographical landscape.
Walmart’s sustainability goals for the new campus are in line with our three corporate aspirational goals: to create zero waste, operate with 100% renewable energy and focus on products that sustain resources and the environment. The new campus will honor those sustainability goals in many ways, including:
- A smart building design with high-performance building materials, energy-efficient lighting and HVAC systems
- Incorporating regionally-sourced materials, including mass timber construction
- 15+ acres of lakes for stormwater collection for irrigation, wildlife habitat and rainwater reuse
- Native and drought-tolerant plants to minimize watering
- Thousands of trees, shrubs and grasses – mostly native, low-maintenance plantings – to provide habitat and reconnect associates with nature
- Solar panels across select buildings and parking decks
The landscape design will reflect the complex mosaic of native habitats found throughout the Northwest Arkansas region and the distinct culture that has been an integral part of Walmart’s history. It encourages interaction between Walmart associates, the Bentonville community, and the physical environment to reinforce sustainable living and holistic well-being.
The journey continues here: walmart.com/newhomeoffice.