- My organization has a pending 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or just recently received 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, and I am receiving a system error. Can I still request funding?
Only organizations that are currently listed in the Internal Revenue Service's
current 50 State Master File are eligible. If you believe that a system error is preventing you
from submitting an application, please contact the IRS at 1-877-829-5500 and
request to be added to Publication 78, also known as the 50 State Master File.
- My organization is a private foundation or private operating foundation. Can I request funding?
No. Only organizations recognized as public
charities (other than Type III supporting organizations) are eligible for
- My organization has received a grant through another Walmart Foundation program. Am I eligible to apply for a State Giving grant?
Organizations are eligible for consideration through multiple Walmart
Foundation programs at the same time.
- Can I receive more than one State Giving grant within a fiscal year?
An organization may receive multiple State Giving grants during the same fiscal
year (February 1 – January 31), provided they are for programs being
managed in different states. Organizations can only receive one grant per state
- Can I submit State Giving applications for consideration in multiple states?
may receive only one grant per state per calendar year. Nonprofit
organizations, including national organizations applying on behalf of their
affiliates serving more than one state, must apply in each state for locally
specific work. Generic applications submitted to multiple states will not be
- Are organizations within the Washington, D.C. area eligible for State Giving grants?
Organizations that serve the Greater District of Columbia metro area, including
regions within the metro area that are physically located in Virginia, Maryland
and Delaware are eligible to apply.