- My organization has a pending 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or just recently received 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, and I am receiving a system error. Can I still request funding?
No. Only organizations that are currently listed in the Internal Revenue Service's current 50 State Master File are eligible. If you believe that a system error is preventing you from submitting an application, please contact the IRS at 1-877-829-5500 and request to be added to Publication 78, also known as the 50 State Master File.
- My organization is a private foundation or private operating foundation. Can I request funding?
No. Only organizations recognized as public charities (other than Type III supporting organizations) are eligible for funding.
- My organization has received a grant through another Walmart Foundation program. Am I eligible to apply for a State Giving grant?
Yes. Organizations are eligible for consideration through multiple Walmart Foundation programs at the same time.
- Can I receive more than one State Giving grant within a fiscal year?
Yes. An organization may receive multiple State Giving grants during the same fiscal year (February 1 – January 31), provided they are for programs being managed in different states. Organizations can only receive one grant per state per year.
- Can I submit State Giving applications for consideration in multiple states?
Organizations may receive only one grant per state per calendar year. Nonprofit organizations, including national organizations applying on behalf of their affiliates serving more than one state, must apply in each state for locally specific work. Generic applications submitted to multiple states will not be considered.
- Are organizations within the Washington, D.C. area eligible for State Giving grants?
Yes. Organizations that serve the Greater District of Columbia metro area, including regions within the metro area that are physically located in Virginia, Maryland and Delaware are eligible to apply.