Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties which can be provided and reviewed upon request. We offer repair service through the manufacturer on select merchandise, if available, if returned with the receipt.
Is there a time limit on returns?
Generally, we accept returns within 90 days after purchase. There are a few exceptions, including, but not limited to, these examples, to the 90-day rule:
- Swimming pools, lawn mowers, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, air conditioners, power washers, compressors and generators must be returned within 30 days with a receipt to obtain a refund or exchange.
- Computers, camcorders, digital cameras, digital music players, e-tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, video game hardware, pre-paid cellular devices and unopened air beds must be returned within 15 days with a receipt.
- Post-paid (contract) cellular devices may only be returned to the store of original purchase, in undamaged condition within 14 days of purchase with receipt. Other contractually specified requirements may apply.
- Unopened video game software, Cricut™ cartridges, Music and Pre-recorded movies may be returned with a receipt.
Do you have different return terms during the holidays?
As an added convenience for customers, Walmart has adjusted its return policy for the holiday gift buying season for items that have a limited return/exchange period (15 days, 30 days, etc.). For these items purchased between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24, the limited return period will begin Dec. 26. This includes items such as TVs, cameras, computers, DVD and music players that can have a 15-30 day return period.
Do you restrict certain returns?Walmart will exchange or refund certain items with some limitations. All sales are final for guns, ammunition, gas powered mini bikes, go carts, dirt bikes, UTVs and ATVs. Tobacco and alcohol may be returned to the store of purchase with original receipt (except where prohibited by law). Opened or used airbeds returned with receipt within 15 days of purchase may only be exchanged for the same airbed, or credit to one of equal or greater value. Defective airbeds may be exchanged for an airbed of equal of greater value within 90 days of purchase.
WIC & SNAP eligible items not purchased with WIC or SNAP benefits must be returned with the original receipt to receive a refund, exchange or store credit. Items acquired using WIC benefits that are defective or out-of-date may only be exchanged for identical product. Items acquired using SNAP may be exchanged for another SNAP eligible item, or refunded to the customer's SNAP account. Do you accept returns without a receipt?
Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25) or an even exchange for the product. To return or exchange items without a receipt, you are required to present a valid government issued photo ID.
We will accept your non-receipted return or exchange provided it meets all of the following conditions:
1. Returns are made according to the full policy outlined on our website
2. You have not been warned that future non-receipted returns may be limited
3. You have not been denied a return within the past 90 days
4. Your government issued photo ID is not altered
During a return or exchange, information from your ID is stored in a secured database of returns activity that Walmart uses to authorize returns. In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.
Walmart reserves the right to update or modify the terms of the Exchange
& Return Policy at any time.