Privacy & Security FAQs
How do I contact the Privacy Office?
What is Verified by Visa?
Walmart.com supports Verified by Visa (VbV), a security technology that authenticates your Visa card and ensures that only the authorized cardholder is placing the order.
If the bank that issued your Visa card supports VbV, you will be prompted to enter your password or to sign up for VbV as you check out. You can also activate your current card now.
Once your card is activated:
- Enter your password in the Verified by Visa window
- Your identity will be verified
- The transaction will be completed
In Walmart stores that are not yet participating in Verified by Visa, your Visa card will continue to work as usual.
What are communications preferences?
How will Walmart contact me?
Walmart will contact you using these methods unless you ask us not to:
- Email: Set your preference to “No” if you do not want to receive marketing emails.
- Postal mail: Set your preference to “No” if you do not want to receive postal mail. This does not include local store ads that may come with your newspaper. We cannot stop those from being delivered to specific addresses.
- Faxes: Set your preference to “No” if you have a fax machine and do not want to receive faxes. Walmart will only contact you via fax if we have an existing business relationship with you. If you do not have a fax machine, you can skip this item.
How will Walmart use my information?
Walmart will not use your information for these items unless you ask us to:
- Phone calls: Walmart will not call you unless you set your preference to “Yes” or provide consent to Walmart elsewhere.
- Data sharing: Walmart will not share your information for marketing purposes unless you set your preference to “Yes” or provide consent to Walmart elsewhere.
What types of messages will I still receive?
The preferences you select will not affect communications such as account statements, customer service inquiries, reminder notices and communications related to orders.
For example, even if you choose not to receive marketing emails from Walmart, you'll still receive your order confirmation emails, Site to Store notifications and other updates on any order you place at Walmart.com.
How long does it take for my communications preferences changes to be processed?
Once you have submitted your preferences, please allow up to 10 business days for Walmart to remove you from our email lists and 30 business days to remove you from all other forms of marketing communication.