2013 Global Responsibility Report
Walmart has a responsibility to lead, and we're proud of what we've accomplished so far on our journey to become a more sustainable and more responsible business.
By working collaboratively with our many fantastic partners around the globe, we had a productive year. Here are a few examples:
- Renewable energy now provides 21% of Walmart's electricity globally, and we became the largest onsite green power generator in the United States;
- Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are increasing training, market access, and career opportunities for nearly 1 million women worldwide;
- Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $1 billion to support organizations that impact local communities around the world;
- The Walmart Foundation became the first partner of Feeding America to donate 1 billion meals (since 2005);
- We saved our customers $2.3 billion on fresh fruits and vegetables since 2011; and
- Walmart committed to hire any honorably discharged U.S. veteran in his or her first year off active duty.
You'll find more details on these and all of our initiatives in the 2013 Global Responsibility Report.