We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register.
We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*
- Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
- Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
- Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
- For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)
- Internet Pricing. See the Online Price Match Policy to find out what is honored in Walmart Stores
*The following are guidelines and limitations:
- We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
- We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
- Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.). No substitutions
- In all situations Walmart reserves the right to limit BOGO quantities to one per customer or household
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
- example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
- example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"
- Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card
- example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off
- example: "All mascara, 40% off"
- Competitors' private label price promotions
- A specific price that omits a specific characteristic of an item (Example: $9.50 on "all sizes or quantities" of an assortment)
We do not honor:
- Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
- Competitor pricing on One Hour Guarantee Items
- Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
- "Going out of business" sales or "closeout" prices